Saturday, May 12, 2007

what is the point of life

I am sitting here at work on a saturaday afternoon - I have no idea of the football scores, I have no plans for the evening, and things just seem to be slow - positive in a little over 40 minutes - I can sit down to a hot meal - that I haven't had to cook (with it being divine as divine it can be when it is being cooked for 500 or so people who will eat it over a 4 hour period). Then I will go back and sit in the shoe box that they give me to store my stuff - watch TV and fall asleep, until that stupid thing beside my head goes off at 4am - to tell me have a go at the gym - so I can attempt to be bright and chearer for the next 14 hours - not to mention church tomorrow night (the wet mess). If you haven't worked out I am working in a situation that has a camp site - 500 people on the weekend means that it is likely to be either a military site or a mine site, it is the later a mine site - in the middle of nowhere - in the great Pilbara Region of Australia - takes over 2 hours to get there from Perth by plane - if that is any indication.

I am a positive sort of person - but I am sitting in a building that houses 15 desks and my chair is the only one that is getting used - and will be until tuesday morning. Saying this - at the moment I am a good position to just take 5 and smile! Not many people have this opportunity (granted not many would want it!) and I have no idea where I am half the time - but by the time this year is finished I am going to be sick of flying - so there goes any ideas of holidays - maybe - and that little nest that I keep on thicking as the holiday fund becomes the house fund!

With today being slow and painful and the weekend looking that way - what is the point of life??
is it just to work all day and go home stuffed.

to add to the red eye I have had all day (don't worry it's not sore), My ears have started to tell me that they are around as well!

1 comment:

Stace said...

Work part-time! I'm loving it :)