Saturday, May 26, 2007

Holidays and work

This week, has been one of those weeks...
At easter 3 of my friends and I decided that we need to instead of catch up once every year or 2, that we should try to catch up every 6 months or so... It was decided that most of us hadn't been to Tassie - I had - but... that we would have a 3 day weekend in Hobart to visit the chocolate and Beer factory in September - so gave the task to our newly appointed travel agent (i love you Issy) - to organise some the flights etc. and the timing - keeping in mind the fact that I am never anywhere for longer than a minute.
Got a phonecall this week asking if instead of Cold Tassie - if we could change it to a 10 day trip on a cruise - so instead of needing long johns, we would need bikinis! In October/November - Fantastic idea - but one of the guys is on a 5 week overseas trip within the next 3 months - so he doesn't have any holidays left.

Work well - it's one of those weeks that I am at work - my job security is very questionable at the present moment - I am a contractor with a set end date. This week had 4 jobs without sending out a resume - none of them being in Victoria - but that's life.
All of the jobs are completely different from each other - which means I have to make a decision. The best thing about all of these jobs is that I am the number 1 canditate for them all - one of them I was told that I could write my own job desciption, another one is a partnership.

Haven't achieved much this week - stupid contractors.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your own job description: Lots of money, and chocolate lots of chocolate, barely clad male waiters (all of which single) serving said chocolate. No contractors, and close to your friends in victoria:)

Andrew said...

Have fun. Welcome to the world of frogs.

Cheers,
Andrew.

PS: I can not post comments on your blog cause I can not log in on most computers.

Lletna said...

sorry aidan - going to be based in Telfer - FIFO.

You don't want to see me that much - you couldn't handle me too much - i'm too trying...

Anonymous said...

Nah not trying, can be exhausting:) way to much energy for aanyday of the week

Stace said...

It must be weird being head-hunted. Good luck with all of them, whatever you choose!