Sunday, May 13, 2007

Frogs and misc.

don't you just love the days when you have had a win!!!

well I feel that I can say that I had a win today well maybe...

people did what I wanted - so that always feels like a win

and things got completed in a timely manner.

Was asked for my professional opinion..
and got asked the question that I am starting to hate more than questions...
are you ready for it...

"What do you do during your work days?"
and people expect me to lay out that I do each day and that each day is the same. but then again I was asked by people that had only 1 shower in 13 days - yes that's right!!! A shower in 13 days...

was reading about arid-adapted frogs earlier, some frogs produce a cocoon that they produce a layer about every 5 days, and each layer of the cocoon allows for the frog to need less water, while in the cocoon, they can stay in the cocoon for at least 18 months, and they muscle movements won't be impacted upon exiting the cocoon. They then eat the coccoon - obvisously this didn't happen with the coccon below but if it had - I wouldn't be able to include a picture. up to 300 layers of skin the coccoon can be...


Interesting facts for the day - arid-adapted frogs can make cocoons and survive for over 18 months with no water

2 comments:

Stace said...

Funky!

Anonymous said...

water i can understand, 18 months without coffee is too scary to contemplate....

WElcome to the blogging world:)